Technically this is a week two blog for my Professional Growth Plan, though it is only the first blog I have done for it. I have had a slow start to my Growth Plans, due to illness. I have taken steps to set myself up for success, ideally, but until now have had a hard time with having a clear mind.

There’s one thing I’ve considered as being too restrictive in my Growth Plan because of this, the main one I think has been that I need to have a date range, rather than making it required to have a new post every Tuesday on the blog. This way, I can do it as I get time during the week up to the next Tuesday.

I’ve gone through the first few pages of the uVic Library’s results for a search using the words “assessment music education” and have saved those in a folder on my bookmark bar. This way, I don’t need to spend time where I could be reading searching for resources. I have also begun reading Fautley’s Assessment in music education this week. My first impression of it, while looking at the table of contents has been that it provides a pretty clear dive into what assessment is and also the different forms of assessment. I like how the contents also are organized into ways of using assessment to develop classroom performance, composing, listening, and improvising.